Oh noes.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 Macy and Mackenzie woke up first this morning. They crawled in bed with me and then decided to go watch cartoons. I layed in bed awhile longer because Noah wasn't up yet. Macy is getting more self sufficient every day and wants to do everything for herself. A few minutes later I got up to let the dog out and poked my head into the kitchen and saw she had gotten the french toast sticks out of the freezer to heat up for her and Mackenzie. I had showed her how to heat things up in the microwave the day before. I go back and lay in bed and about 5 minutes later I hear the smoke detector go off. Uh-oh. I run into the kitchen and I find Macy holding this, with a horrified look on her face. Poor kid, I felt so bad for her. She thought she was going to be in trouble. I am still not sure what she pushed but instead of heating these for 25 seconds, they were in there a LONG time. Long enough to melt the plate and smoke up the kitchen! She was crying and I asked her if it was because she was scared and she said no, she was crying because she wanted to make Mackenzie breakfast because she was the little one. Best. big. sister. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment