The Repo Fairy

Monday, November 29, 2010 The highlight of the whole tooth fiasco for Mackenzie was definitely the fact that the Tooth Fairy was coming. Macy has lost 2 teeth so Mackenzie knew how it worked. She woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink and was stumbling around with her dollar saying "I got mundy!" And when I woke her up this morning she was snuggling her dollar. This is her half-awake I'm so excited for my dollar face.

But as the day went on I just kept thinking about all the pieces of the story that different people had told me about her knocking her tooth out. And it suddenly dawned on me that there was a good change the tooth was somehow jammed up in her gums and not knocked out. I called the dentist and they said to bring her right in. And the tooth was in fact was jammed so far up in her gums you could almost not see any part of it at all. They sent her to a pediatric dentist from there and kind of freaked us out making us think she was going to have to have surgery to get it out. But the pediatric dentist told us that since it hadn't broken it would most likely come back down on it's own. She goes back next week to see how things are going. This evening I was teasing Mackenzie that the Tooth Fairy was coming to take her dollar back and she said "No she has lots of dollars for all the kids that lose teeth. I can keep this one." Smart kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment