Watermelon Festival 5K

Saturday, August 14, 2010 After my 6 week check up with Noah I decided I wanted to get back into running. I started with the Couch 2 5K program. I made it all the way through and have moved onto Bridge 2 10K. I really enjoy running even though I am not at all a natural runner. I have to make my body do it. I was always one of the slowest runners when we had to run our mile in high school basketball. But I am determined to overcome it. Me and my friend Natalie that I work with decided to do this one together. I am so glad I had a friend to do it with. It made it much more fun! This was my first official 5K road race. It was in what I believe may be the hilliest town in America, Rush Springs. The whole race was up and down HUGE hills! It was a really hard one to start with I think but I am so glad we did it. I came in with a time of 35:37. I am happy with how well I did and really enjoyed the whole experience. I am already signed up for another one next weekend and hope to do many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment