Craft Out.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

First I have to say that Macy came up with the random term "craft out" on her own at some point in the last couple months. The girls love to craft but it generally is quite a mess so they know they have to ask before they drag everything out. Unless we are about to leave or it is almost bed time they can get their craft stuff out. And somewhere along the line Macy turned it into a verb. She now asks if they can "craft out" whenever she wants to get her craft supplies out. I think it is hilarious and it has totally stuck. Can I just say how incredibly thrilled I am with how these came out???! I have been making little shoes and I had seen this leather and faux fur fabric but I just wasn't sure how they would come out. Even better than expected! SOOOO CUTE!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this yarn wreath turned out. I wanted to do Christmasy colors and I think it looks so festive!! I am going to have to make many many more of these in different color schemes for different seasons and holidays.

Santa hat fail. The Santa hats that fit no one. This just proof to show you not all my projects don't turn out beautiful and perfect. I wanted to make the kids Santa hats (and the kids really wanted Santa hats) so I decided to be all crafty and make them since I already had some cute red fabric. I googled and looked for a pattern online. I only found one but it sounded promising. The fact that it had zero comments should have been a hint. I cut all 3 out and put interfacing on them to give them a nice shape. Then I sewed the first one. It didn't even remotely resemble a hat. It was pointy but that was where it ended. After much reading and trying to figure out what went wrong I pretty much decided that I didn't mess anything up the instructions just made no sense and wouldn't work to make a hat that actually fit a human. I was able to turn it into a Santa hat but it's like the tiny of tiniest hats. I am out of the red fabric and it's too close to Christmas to mess with it. Apparently McCall's makes an actual pattern for Santa hats so that is the route I plan on going next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment