Some Sweet Moolah

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 The girls have been saving their money from chores, birthdays, and other random things for quite awhile. But you don't have a lot of needs when you are 4 and 5. They haven't spent much because all they want to buy is candy and toys. And they already have too much of both those things. So I thought the Disney trip would be the perfect opportunity for them to take their spending money. They could blow it on whatever their little hearts desired. It's vacation! Macy wanted to bring her $12 odd dollars in change but I finally convinced her no one wanted to be paid in nickles and pennies, I helped them count out all their change and then gave them dollars in exchange. Mackenzie ended up with $42 and Macy $29! It was so funny because I counted it out and showed them how much change they had and then showed them how I was giving them the same amount in bills, but Macy was very skeptical. I don't think she ever quite believed me that this was a fair deal. Somehow in her mind the mounds of change she had just had to be worth more than the few measly bills I gave them in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment