Pantry Makeover

Thursday, September 30, 2010

This is the first house we have lived in that doesn't have a pantry. Both our other houses did even though they were significantly smaller that this one. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?!? When we moved in this house we had to turn a large cabinet into our "pantry". It really didn't work that great but we really didn't have another option. I would try to keep it organized but within a few days the girls would go searching for something or Jason would put the groceries up and inevitably it would get all jumbled up again.

I have a blog I read called Intentionally Katie (http://intentionallykatie.blogspot.com/) and she had a post about organizing pantries. It totally inspired me and gave me hope for my pantry. I emailed her and she offered to give me tips on organizing mine. I sent her these (horrid) pictures and she gave me a lot of good ideas. Thank you!!! This is the before. You wonder how we could ever find anything in there?? We didn't always. I am not gonna lie. Maybe I found a can of Manwich (which we don't even eat) in the back that expired in 2006. ... Ahhh...this makes my heart happy. Everything in it's perfect little place. I know it won't always be this neat, but it we be leaps and bounds better than before. At least everything has a general area and people will know where to find things.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love how it turned out!!!

    (how ironic - my word verification was "cook")

    ReplyDelete