Poor Little Macy

Sunday, April 3, 2011
Poor little Macy had the worst.day.ever.  She had been sick Saturday and got worse Sunday, so I took her to Urgent Med.  She tested positive for strep so they started her on an antibiotic and we went home so she could rest.  I had been giving her Tylenol and Advil for her fever but it had still gotten up to 105 twice (which isn't unusual for my kids).  But she just kept looking worse and when I took it again at about 1:00 it was 107!!!  I about died.  Jason put her in a cool bath (which just made her cry) and then I took her to the ER.  The stripped her down and wrapped her in cool towels and gave her a mega dose of Tylenol and Advil.   It still took about 2.5 hours to get it to go down.  The nurses were super sweet and kept bringing her bears, she eventually ended up with 3.  They gave her a Rocephin shot to help fight the strep.  By that evening she was feeling better and her fever seemed under control so they let us go home.  She cried a little but she was such a tough little girl for everything that happened to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment