Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Relay

Sunday, May 1, 2011
It was probably the worst weather you could have imagined for May 1st.  It was 40 degrees, raining, and windy.  But that didn't stop everyone that came out to run.  It was amazing seeing the thousands of people run by us as we waited to see Natalie run by in the first leg of the race so we could cheer her on. 
Go Natalie Go!!!  She is the one is the hot pink leggings : )
Here is Katy taking off on the second leg of the race.  You can see our super cute shorts in the distance.
Here we all are after the race.  We were all freezing to death but so pumped about finishing the race.  It was so cold and miserable but I think we all agreed it was an amazing experience.  I managed to run all of my 6.2 miles without stopping, which is the farthest I have EVER ran!  It rained on me the whole time and even started hailing for awhile.  It was honestly one of the biggest feeling of accomplishment I have ever had.  I had so much fun with these girls and I never could have done it without them supporting me.  I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment